You wish to cancel your cable or satellite television subscription following a program change

 

You had taken out a subscription contract for cable or satellite television, because the package offered was particularly rich in current affairs and cinema programs, and that it allowed you to follow all the football matches. However, the composition of the package of channels that was offered to you for subscription has been changed. You are entitled to terminate at any time, even if your contract only authorizes you to terminate at the annual deadline. And, which is the most frequent case, and even if your contract provides that the package of programs can be modified unilaterally: this is an unfair clause, deemed unwritten.

 

Dear,

 

I inform you of my decision to terminate my subscription (subscription references), the content of which you have modified without my consent.

 

Indeed, I had taken out this subscription in the first place to be able to watch (name the channel (s)). However, this distribution is no longer guaranteed. This subscription is therefore now of no interest to me.

 

(If applicable) I know that the contract I signed allows you to unilaterally modify the services and options offered without the possibility of termination, but, as you know, this clause has been found to be abusive on several occasions, in particular by the Paris tribunal de grande instance on October 10, 2000.

 

(If you pay for your subscription by credit card or by direct debit from your account) I had opted for payment by (specify), I therefore ask you to stop withdrawing from the receipt of this letter.

 

I will return the equipment you gave me as soon as the contract is terminated.

 

Please accept, Madam, Sir, the expression of my best regards.

 

(Signature) 113

 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post