The washing machine purchased new has a defect. You want the sale to be canceled

 

You have purchased a good (household appliance, car, etc.) and you subsequently notice serious faults, independent of a handling error on your part. Regardless of the commercial guarantee offered by the seller, you benefit from the legal guarantee against hidden defects. You can demand the cancellation of the sale and the refund of the price paid (in this case, you will return the goods to the seller), or the return of part of the sum paid while retaining the purchased object (articles 1641 and 1644 of the Civil Code).

 

You can also invoke the legal guarantee of conformity (article L. 211-4 of the Consumer Code). But this allows you to first request the replacement or repair of the good, and, only if this is not possible, possibly, the cancellation of the sale.

 

The action in warranty for hidden defects (article 1648 of the Civil Code) must be exercised within two years from the discovery of the defect. The legal guarantee of conformity must be instituted within two years of delivery of the goods (article L. 211-12 of the Consumer Code).

 

recommended letter with receipt note

 

Dear,

 

I notice that the (indicate the object concerned) that I bought in your store on (date of purchase and purchase order number) has the following defect (s), unacceptable ) for new merchandise (describe the defects).

 

In accordance with article 1644 of the Civil Code,

 

(1st case) I request the cancellation of the sale. Therefore, I ask you to reimburse me as quickly as possible the sum that I paid you, that is (…) euros.

 

(2nd case) I wish to keep (the property concerned) and therefore ask you to reimburse me for part of the price I paid you, ie the sum of (…) euros.

 

Pending a quick response from you, please accept, Madam, Sir, the expression of my best regards.

 

(Signature) 101

 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post