Dry cleaner. The garment returned by the dyer is very damaged. You are requesting compensation

 

You have entrusted your beautiful woolen coat to your dyer. It returns it to you damaged (faded colors, torn fabric…). You can engage the merchant's responsibility, but check beforehand that he has not made any reservations on your deposit ticket. Article 1789 of the Civil Code makes him responsible for damage, unless he can demonstrate that he has not committed any fault in his work. Very often, the dyer who gives you a damaged item of clothing tends to pass the responsibility on to the seller or to the tailor. Do not accept this type of argument. Your only interlocutor is the dyer, who has agreed to take your garment and return it to you in a correct state in relation to the service requested. For all intents and purposes, however, he has the option of having a technical expertise carried out. In the case of a garment that is simply stained and undamaged, the dyer can offer you a second cleaning or a discount.

 

Dear,

 

On (date), I gave you a (specify the type of garment) to clean. You returned it to me with deteriorations that did not exist when I gave it to you, as evidenced by the absence of reservations on the deposit slip, a copy of which you will find attached.

 

You refuse to compensate me for the following reason: (recall the reason given).

 

I do not agree with your position and I remind you that, according to article 1789 of the Civil Code, you are responsible for damage to my clothing. Under these conditions, unless you establish by expertise that the deterioration is not your fault, I ask you to compensate me for the damage suffered, which I estimate at (...) euros (value of the article less dilapidated).

 

In the absence of an amicable agreement, I will be forced to refer the matter to the judge.

 

Please accept, Madam, Sir, the expression of my best regards.

 

(Signature)

 

Attachment: photocopy of the deposit ticket. 73

 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post